Here are the steps to open a PayPal account.
1. Go to www.paypal.com.
2. Sign up for an account by visiting the PayPal website and clicking the “Sign Up” link located at the top-right portion of the page.
3. Choose the PayPal Account Type applicable to you. First, select the Country or Region where you live.
4. Choose your country from the drop-down menu opens a page that shows three PayPal account types.
Personal Account is obviously for personal purposes while Premier Account and Business Account are merchant accounts used for online businesses.
Unless you are sure you want and need a Premier or Business Account, we suggest you choose Personal Account first. You can upgrade to Premier or Business Account anytime, but cannot revert to Personal Account once upgraded.
5. Confirm your “Language Preference” then click the “Continue” button.
6. Completely and correctly fill up the Account Sign Up Form – “PayPal Account Owner Contact Information,” “PayPal Account Login,” “Password Recovery,” and “Security Measures” then click the “Sign Up” button at the bottom.
7. You’re almost there! You are now asked to verify your account by adding a credit or debit card. You may choose to add one at this stage or skip this step and move on to the next by clicking the “Cancel” button. Remember, though, that adding a card and enrolling in the Verification Program are necessary to be eligible to withdraw PayPal funds.
8. Almost done! In order to complete the registration, confirm your email address. Do this by checking your inbox for a PayPal email then click the confirmation link there. You may also choose to confirm your email address later by clicking “Continue” in this page.
9. You’re done! You now have your own PayPal account. The Personal Account Overview page will contain your name, email address, and account status.
10. Congratulations! You now are a certified PayPal account holder.
Related post: EON, How to Get the 4-digit EXPUSE online